[Aust-NZ] Australia and New Zealand Available WMS and WFS Services [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au
Sun Aug 15 18:27:30 EDT 2010

Noli,

The Australian Government Office of Spatial Data Management (OSDM) is in the process of developing a new and publicly (free) available National Gazetteer that will be accessible via web services.  We will be consuming and providing WMS capabilities and also making the gazetteer data available via a WFS.

Additionally, we are in the process of re-developing the Australian Spatial Data Directory (ASDD), basing the re-development on GeoNetwork.  The intention is to provide direct access to data identified by the ASDD metadata record via WFS for those custodians that have this capability.

Also, if you look at the OSDM website's Interoperability Demonstrator you will see some of the WMS services available in Australia.  The URL is:

http://www.osdm.gov.au/Interoperability+Demonstration/default.aspx

I hope this helps......

Regards

Ben Searle
General Manager,
Australian Government Office of Spatial Data Management

Phone: 02 6249 9298
Mobile: 0439-995-785
Fax: 02 6249 9942
Email: ben.searle at ga.gov.au
Web Site URL: http://www.osdm.gov.au/
Postal address: GPO Box 378, Canberra ACT 2601