[Aust-NZ] Commercial Support for OSGeo / FOSS4G applications [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au
Tue Jul 13 20:05:13 EDT 2010

Bruce,

As with some of the other responses - the BlueNet MEST tool using GeoNetwork will be used to replace the existing Australian Spatial Data Directory (ASDD) which is now managed by OSDM.  Additionally, OSDM is having a smaller metadata tool developed that will be open source when completed.

CSIRO ICT group is working on installing the open source based Spatial Information Services Stack (SISS) and components of this and other open source application will be used by Geoscience Australia for a number of high performance computing related functions.

The Australian Government through the new OSDM Spatial Standards Group will be pushing more into open standards for geospatial activities - some of which will be supported by open source applications.

I hope this brief summary helps....

Regards

Ben Searle
General Manager,
Australian Government Office of Spatial Data Management

Phone: 02 6249 9298
Mobile: 0439-995-785
Fax: 02 6249 9942
Email: ben.searle at ga.gov.au
Web Site URL: http://www.osdm.gov.au/
Postal address: GPO Box 378, Canberra ACT 2601