[Aust-NZ] Geo Spatial data, Geotag CSV files, URL links, etc. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 01:52:10 EDT 2010

> As to data formats, I certainly don't want to deal with csv files.

I thought CSV file is part of going working with GIS and Geo Spatial.
I always use CSV file in joining non spatial table to spatial object
i.e. shapefile. I can import CSV file into spatialite database.

Here are some examples how people use a good CSV file in GIS and Geo Spatial.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&q=CSV+file+and+GIS&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3370326a172c5acd

CSV file format is part of Open GIS mentioned in this document.
Ihttp://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/open-gis-platform.pdf

I think I should be using "I" instead "we" in my posting. When I use
we it does n't meant Aust-NZ OSGeo. I meant  we as the members of the
forum addressing our own individual needs of using geo spatial data
and tools.

Noli