[Aust-NZ] Melbourne Open GIS Group [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Simon O'Keefe simon.okeefe at groundtruth.com.au
Wed Jun 9 17:41:06 EDT 2010

Hi Bruce and everyone,

The idea for the Melbourne Open GIS Group came from an offline
discussion between myself and another member of this list about
starting an OpenGeo Suite user group. In the end, we decided to not
restrict the group to just discussing the OpenGeo Suite, but still
maintain the focus on that type of software stack/architecture.

I'm just offering a meeting room, a projector and some beers on a
Friday afternoon, with the chance to share experiences with others of
working with PostGIS, GeoServer, OpenLayers and their equivalents,
potentially on a semi-regular basis.

Can I hear what people think about whether this event is best held
under the OSGeo Aust-NZ banner?

(I realise that I've probably caused more confusion by posting the
invitation for this new group while there was already a discussion on
this list about a Melbourne get-together on this list. I only realised
this afterwards, so I'm sorry about the timing. The invitation still
stands and the OpenHub meeting room is booked. I hope that those
interested can make it to both events.)

Cheers,

Simon