[Aust-NZ] Sydney Informal GeoTools session

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 04:04:56 EDT 2010

Hi List:

As mentioned in our progress report I am still keen to do more advocacy in Australia; and I figure that may as well start in Sydney as the logistics are easier :-)

I am fortunate have gotten a workshop in for FOSS4G this year - which is an intro to GIS using Java and the GeoTools library. I would love a chance to review these materials with anyone interested in either an introduction to GIS or a review of how these concepts are approached in Java.

A couple of ideas:
- Meeting up in a coffee shop next week; Talk shop and go over some of these materials.
- if anyone has connections in academia and access to a room and students it would be a good chance to for an intro session

Jody