[Aust-NZ] qGIS - Nearmap Support, Educational licensing explained

Jonathan Nagy jnagy.82 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 00:31:21 EST 2010

John: I beleive the thread you're referring to is here.
http://forum.nearmap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=757&p=1366&hilit=education#p1366

It gives no direct reference as to student's personal usage, therefore I
phoned the number given by a NearMap employee.

I was clearly informed that students are permitted to use the maps in their
research/reports under the Free Personal license.  For an educational
facility to adopt the site in their teaching plan/curriculum would require a
license.

I'm guessing a further line would need to be drawn when considering Ph.D
students, but I didn't think to ask about that.

If you're still in doubt Francis, I suggest you call near map.