[Aust-NZ] OSM Licensing - [was Fwd: RE: Aust-NZ Digest, Vol 36, Issue 8] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Tue Sep 7 20:14:07 EDT 2010

Robert,

There was a study several years ago that from memory found that a database could potentially be subject to copyright. I recall that they were particularly looking at UK Ordnance Survey data.

Sorry I haven't the time to go searching for the link at this time. Perhaps someone else has a url.

Part of the problem is that we are working in a global community with differing laws on IP in respective countries (and hence differing understanding of the issues).

Bruce