[Aust-NZ] web mapping & climate change [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Keith Moss Keith.Moss at landgate.wa.gov.au
Thu Nov 3 22:07:31 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Bruce: We'd definitely be interested in accessing the data as well.

We're also working on a similar suite of tools for accessing remotely sensed data via open standards. The data is frequently updated and forms part of a multi-decade archive used for emergency management, natural resource management, and agriculture.

This is one of our current beta applications:
http://srss-dev.landgate.wa.gov.au/firewatch/ <http://srss-dev.landgate.wa.gov.au/firewatch/>

We're a small team working on all aspects of development (frontend, backend services, database, et al.). We've utilised:

- OpenLayers
- GeoExt
- ExtJS

for the frontend and:

- PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- MapServer (w/ MapScript customisations)

for the backend services.

We'd be interested in sharing experience and knowledge with others working in this space.

cheers

__________________________________
Keith Moss
Satellite Remote Sensing Services