[Aust-NZ] meetups or other activates for the new year?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:30:39 EST 2012

On 08/01/12 17:44, Jody Garnett wrote:
> There is one small effect: If I organise an event as myself it is
> often viewed as representing my employer. This is despite me always
> being clear when I represent LISAsoft.

Jody,

You hold a position of influence at LISAsoft. You hold a position of
influence in the OSGeo scene. And LISAsoft has a stated interest in
providing commercial support for Open Source Software.

People will join the dots whether you OSGeo is a formed or unformed
chapter. I guess that could be seen as a downside for having a company
hire you for your Open Source credentials. I hope that the flipside of
spending large parts of your working days on Open Source makes up for it.