[Aust-NZ] OSGeo Local Chapter contact point update

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 06:44:52 PDT 2014

I don't know if this list/chapter is the best vehicle for the community or
not, but my sense is that interest in FOSS4G is growing steadily in
Australia, and it would be nice to keep this connected with OSGeo's great
community building work.

One challenge we face is that it's difficult to muster & sustain interest
over such a dispersed geography. It's hard to get too excited about meetups
on the east coast from a few thousand km away in Perth. I wonder if there
would be value in setting up local sub-chapters in the regional centres?

Anyhow - I check in on the list from time to time and it holds value for me.

Cheers
John