[Aust-NZ] committee meeting next week

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 23:47:45 PST 2017

Hi all,

The most popular meeting time, from those nominated in the Doodle poll
<https://doodle.com/poll/ra7shnisu8uiswcy>, was for *tomorrow morning* (in
your timezone
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=12&day=3&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&p1=196&p2=47&p3=240&p4=57&p5=152&p6=396&p7=2095&p8=264>
):

LocationLocal TimeTime ZoneUTC Offset
Perth <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/perth> (Australia -
Western Australia) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 7:00:00 am AWST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/awst> UTC+8 hours
Brisbane <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/brisbane> (Australia
- Queensland) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 9:00:00 am AEST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aest> UTC+10 hours
Sydney <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/sydney> (Australia
- New South Wales) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 10:00:00 am AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Canberra <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/canberra> (Australia
- Australian Capital Territory) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 10:00:00 am AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Melbourne <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/melbourne>
(Australia
- Victoria) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 10:00:00 am AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Hobart <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/hobart> (Australia
- Tasmania) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 10:00:00 am AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Palmerston North
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/new-zealand/palmerston-north> (New
Zealand) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 12:00:00 noon NZDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/nzdt> UTC+13 hours
Wellington <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/new-zealand/wellington> (New
Zealand) Monday, 4 December 2017 at 12:00:00 noon NZDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/nzdt> UTC+13 hours
We'll cap it at an hour, as most of us will have work lives to attend to.
Alex has volunteered to scribe, with Adam as a backup. As discussed, we'll
try videoconferencing. I'll start up a meeting using Jeff's suggestion of
https://jitsi.org/, and invite all those who have signed up on the Doodle
poll (9 of us - if you didn't sign up there but still want to attend, just
drop me a line by email, Slack, or whatever). I'm happy to take a stab at
chairing tomorrow, unless anyone else is keen.

So far, the agenda looks like this:

- comms channels - are these effective so far? changes needed? how best to
gather and maintain momentum, retain accountability?
- settling on a name for the conf
- settling on an approx date
- discussion on the size of the conf
- discussion on 'where'
- SSSI as financially responsible org?
- filling committee and sub-committee roles
- review timeline

Outstanding action items to check in on:

- poll community regarding event (IRC meeting 2017-11-27)
- set up a https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Aust-NZ (request use from the
OSGeo conference committee)
- approach SSSI

If there are any items to add to the agenda, please post here in advance if
possible. Please review docs in the Google Drive folder
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1sA9MEWmp96oIJoQs-zNCbVIh60HbGrNU>
beforehand if you have a chance, these are probably going to be a useful
place to make sure we're aligned.

Cheers
John