[Aust-NZ] Introduction

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 21:26:03 PST 2017

Hi Kristy,

There’s also video conference planned for ‘people who have volunteered to
form a conference committee’ on the 18th (Monday week) to hammer out some
more details and perhaps decide who would like to do what. It’s not
formally a committee meeting yet, but it would be great to join that event
if you’re interested in a formal conference helping role. Some planning
docs are in this Google Drive
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1sA9MEWmp96oIJoQs-zNCbVIh60HbGrNU>
 folder.

Parenting is hard! If committee-ing is too time consuming you can also
contribute via this list, in the planning docs, or join the
#foss4g-sotm-oceania channel at maptimeaustralia.slack.com

Regards

Adam

On 8 December 2017 at 16:14, Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kristy
>
> We've made a few decisions, the event will be held in Melbourne in
> November.
>
> Length is still to be decided, but it sounds like there will be a day of
> workshops, a code/map hack day and either 1 or 2 days of conference.
>
> Good to have you on board!
>
> Regards,
>
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 at 14:55 Kristy Van Putten <kristy.vanputten at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just thought I would introduce myself to the group.  My name is Kristy
>> Van Putten and I work for the ACT Government. I have been on maternity
>> leave for the last 14months and will be back with the ACT Surveyor-General
>> area early next year (really early 2nd Jan!).
>> I have attended 2 x FOSS4G and 3 State of the Maps in my previous job
>> with Geoscience Australia/AusAID, and wild gladly lend a hand.  I am a
>> single mum with a 1 year old working full time but I am sure I can swing
>> some time at night to help out.
>> So where is the current thought on location, how many days are we
>> thinking??
>>
>> Can’t wait to find out more.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Kristy Van Putten