[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania: conference length and dates

Rob Atkinson robatkinson101 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:12:45 PST 2017

These things are always balancing acts - maybe its worth polling around
what people want to get out of things.

As a user or service provider or developer - i want to see trends - who is
using what and where the action is.
As a developer i want to highlight what and why and hopefully find users
and stop other re-inventing a wheel and becoming contributors
As a user I want to know how people are using tools and who might be
available to provide support for particular aspects
As a service provider i want warts-and-all experiences of deployment with
real lessons being shared

Having to choose between 10 long workshops run once, or  5 short workshops
run for 20% of the time and repeated - the latter - people can always
organise in depth training sessions, but FOSS4G should be about visibility
into the broader community. Employers might want to send to a detailed
course in a specific tech - so longer workshops before and after - bit not
organised by committee (but maybe with bundled entry to FOSS4G )?

2c...

Rob