[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania: conference length and dates

Philip Mallis philip at philipmallis.com
Sat Dec 16 02:01:11 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I agree that one day is difficult to justify for travel, especially for academics/PhD students who only get limited numbers of conferences funded. If we want to attract a wide range of participants (which I think is ideal), two days would be a good length to kick off the first conference. If necessary, we can expand to three in the future if necessary.

Philip

Sent from Mail for Windows 10