[Aust-NZ] OpenStreetMap trademark license request for FOSS4G SoTM Oceania in November 2018

David Dean ddean at ieee.org
Sun Dec 17 18:10:28 PST 2017

We would like to formally request the use of OpenStreetMap trademarks for
all uses related to our proposed FOSS4G SoTM Oceania conference in November
2018, in Melbourne, Australia.

In accordance with Section 4.2 of the proposed trademark policy at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy, we are happy to
provide the following details:

---

1. What is the proposed title of the event?

FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2018

2. Who is hosting, sponsoring, or coordinating the event?

The event is still in planning, and we are still seeking sponsors, but we
expect it to be hosted by the University of Melbourne. The event will also
be supported by OSGeo as a local FOSS4G conference.

3. Include contact information (and OSM account name if relevant) for the
person organizing the event.

I will be the representative to liaise between OSMF and the organising
committee. I can be contacted using my email address ddean at ieee.org, and my
OSM username is ‘David Dean’. I am also a current member of OSMF.

4. Is the event organized for community members?

The event will be open to everyone, but we expect a significant portion of
attendees to be OpenStreetMappers in Australia to come to our very first
SoTM in the region.

5. What is the topic of the event?

The event will cover a wide range of topics related to free and open-source
software for geospatial technologies, and open mapping data. As there is
considerable overlap with topics related to FOSS4G and SoTM we consider
both groupings to be first-class components of this joint conference.

6. The location, date, and duration of the event.

It is intended that the conference be held in Melbourne, Australia on
22-23rd November 2018, with workshops on the 21st and hackathons and
mapathons on the 24th.

7. Include handouts, examples, mockups, or other descriptions of the
proposed use.

We are still in the process of producing these.

---

Thankyou in advance, and please do not hesitate to let me know if anything
else is required, or if you have any further questions.

David Dean

Member, Organising Committee

FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2018

--