[Aust-NZ] FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania: conference length and dates

Brent Wood pcreso at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 19:29:07 PST 2017

If the venue costs are pretty minimal, as intimated in the video conference, costs may not increase much for two days vs one, but we do need this confirmed.
Do we want all sessions fully booked with presentations, or allow a late afternoon one for ad-hoc BoF type meetings?If we allow for Bof meetings, are these just arranged on the day or will we let people propose them in advance?
Do we organise a dinner for the middle evening?

Yep, getting sessions sorted to avoid concurrent competing ones is tricky...
Are we looking for a committee accepting presentations proposals, or organising an "attendee vote", like some FOSS4G''s have done. I like the participatory approach - a very FOSS-like one :-)

Cheers

Brent Wood