[Aust-NZ] OSGeo breakfast at Digital Earth Symposium in Sydney, Australia

Alan Keown AlanKeown at southernphone.com.au
Fri Mar 31 23:14:20 PDT 2017

Hi Rob,

I can’t make it to the breakfast but I am coming to the free market day on Tuesday.

Is there a chance we could catch up?

Cheers

Alan Keown

“…And then came the grandest idea of all!

We actually made a map of the country, on the scale of a mile to the mile!

Have you used it much? I enquired.
It has never been spread out, yet,  said Mein Herr:

the farmers objected:

they said it would cover the whole country, and shut out the sunlight!

So we now use the country itself, as its own map, and I assure you it does nearly as well…”
— Lewis Carroll. The complete Sylvie and Bruno. 1893.