[Geoinquiets Barcelona] Geomatrix '12

Alexandre Nobajas nobita64 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 05:41:05 EDT 2011

Per si li interessa a algú. El millor és el nom.

Geomatrix '12
26 to 29 February 2012
Mumbai, India

Geomatrix�12 is the third in a series of conferences on geoinformatics tools,
techniques and applications being organized by the Centre of Studies in
Resources Engineering (CSRE), IITB since 2009. The first two conferences were
national level conferences; Geomatrix�12 is envisaged to be an international
event with strong participation from national and international researchers
and institutes of repute at both organization and delegate level.

We are expecting participation of delegates from various academic institutes,
research organizations and industries to share their research findings and
professional experiences with fellow researchers, professionals and students
from India and abroad. We are looking forward to your enthusiastic
participation in Geomatrix�12.

The focus of the conference would be on:

(a) tools and techniques of GIS, remote Sensing, satellite image processing
and GPS, and

(b) applications of GIS and remote sensing to exploration, assessment and
management of natural resources (including minerals, water resources, forests,
snow and glaciers, etc.), agriculture, natural hazard assessment and disaster
management, environmental impact assessment including climate change studies,
atmospheric studies, terrain studies, land-use planning, and related fields of
earth sciences.

The specific themes include:

Advances in Tools and techniques of GIS
Recent advances in microwave remote sensing
State-of-the-art in satellite image processing
Global positioning systems and wireless sensor networks
Geospatial technology in mineral system studies and mineral exploration
Agroinformatics � tools and applications
Geoinformatics for coastal, marine, and urban environments
Geospatial technology for prediction and management of natural hazards and
disasters
Monitoring and managing our glaciers and water resources using remote sensing
Education and educational technology in geoinformatics

The deadline for abstracts/proposals is

Enquiries: geomatrixacsre.iitb.ac.in
Web address: http://www.csre.iitb.ac.in/geomatrix12
Sponsored by: IIT Bombay
This announcement is distributed via Conference Alerts.
We aim to provide correct and reliable information about
upcoming events, but cannot accept responsibility for the text
of announcements or for the bona fides of event organizers.
Please feel free to contact us if you notice incorrect or
misleading information and we will attempt to correct it.