[Geoinquiets Barcelona] Altres grups locals a les antípodes

Oscar Fonts oscar.fonts at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 01:50:21 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jody Garnett
Date: 2011/9/30
Subject: I made it back from the Free and Open Source...

I made it back from the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial
(FOSS4G) conference and a couple things were really obvious:
a) wow!
b) a lot of the action is at the local group level

With that in mind (and the recent success of the local group in
Melbourne) I figured I may as well earn my keep as a charter member
and start something up.:

Here is a "meet up group":
* http://www.meetup.com/osgeo-aust-nz/

And an initial event... please sign up (or reply or otherwise) and
think about what you would like in a local group.
-------
PostFOSS4G Hack and Yak

Details:
* http://www.meetup.com/osgeo-aust-nz/events/35296802/

This is just a casual meet and greet:
* Connect with local mappers, talk shop, and figure out what we would
like out of a local group
* bring a laptop if you have something fun to show
* If there is interest Jody Garnett is willing to do a) rundown of
FOSS4G 2011 b) Status of GeoServer c) Status of GeoTools d) Summary of
WPS-Shootout

Okay we got a space at "The Edge"! For details directions and an
outline of the venue (http://edgeqld.org.au/ ). It is basically tucked
behind the art gallery on the "edge" of the water (so very easy to get
to buy bus or ferry).