[Geoinquiets Barcelona] census data & shapefiles

Wladimir Szczerban bolosig a gmail.com
dim set 9 01:13:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

Georgia,

Perhaps the problem is that there are several municipal codes. Possibly the
difference between 10 and 11 digits is the municipal 5 digit code (2
provincial + 3  municipality) and the municipal code of 6 digits.
The 6 digit code is equal to 5 digits plus a check digit (2 province
+ 3 municipality
+ 1 control).

In this link you can see a table with the relations of the various municipal
codes of Catalonia
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhHTgHyyvPBdDBYdm1lcGQwVFNFMl8wYTB2dDVuMXc&usp=sharing

--
Saludos,

Bolo
www.geoinquiets.cat

> Hello All,
>
> Apologies if this has been asked here before (and for asking in English,
> but my Spanish isn't very good!), but I'm trying to work with the Spanish
> Census data and the shapefiles I've found for the census areas.
>
> Basically, I believe with the data from the Census, I need to create an ID
> that matches to the polygons in the shapefile to join.
>
> In the census files, I have:
> cpro (2) + cmun (3) + dist (3) + secc (3) --> which concatenantes to a 10
> digit number
>
> In the shapefiles I have:
> Municipi (6 digits) + Districte (2) + Seccio (3) --> which is an 11 digit
> number.
>
> Has anyone encountered this before? Am I using the wrong fields from one
> of the data sets? Is there a better set to use?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
>
> -Georgia
>
> --
> Georgia Bullen
> Field Operations Technologist