[Geoinquiets Barcelona] Google "desconnecta" Maps Engine el 29.01.2016 !!!

Assumpcio Termens atermens a gmail.com
dim gen 20 10:14:01 PST 2015

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Google Maps Engine <gme-noreply a google.com>
Date: 2015-01-20 18:30 GMT+01:00
Subject: Important Update to Google Maps Engine
To: atermens a gmail.com

     [image: Google Maps]    Dear Google Maps Engine trial user,

This email is to inform you about some changes to Google Maps Engine.

In an effort to provide world-class location content to consumers and
businesses alike and to build on the strength of our infrastructure and
capabilities, Google will end support for the *Google Maps Engine (GME)*
product on January 29, 2016. *After January 29, 2016, the product will be
deactivated and no longer available for use.* As an organization, we want
to focus our efforts on delivering rich location content via our APIs, and
enabling customers to take advantage of the capabilities provided by our
Google Cloud Platform products.

Effective immediately, we will no longer be allowing new free sign-ups.
However, your existing GME project will be available for use through
January 29, 2016. The GME API will still be available throughout this time.

*What alternative solutions are there for GME?*

Google has scoped some alternative solutions for some common GME use cases.
Please find the following resources on solutions for some particular use
cases below (additional options will be added as they are scoped):

   - Create a map using Google My Maps
   <https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/QldCdbcIHVPgJhAIko8pAo1-ol-KVnpghEd3UghcrHZNCZQdC_SgfYcxaNvQ>
   - Building spatial applications with Google Cloud SQL and Google Maps API
   <https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/ZSXK5Ra2NRnzHbzMRZX_rx20tmGthNIc785y0J6ZLPp0tCInKELSkWM9yyLn-yC6Z0TMTUwvIR58FyQJfxwT7IkfmGY=>
   - Serving raster layers on Google Cloud Platform
   <https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/SmiIpRSS_4LUeqxlD1PLEVvI_GYds4wK8_D8FhYB4w4Jo0APy5C5ln_zVZh_eGpB2jgpITG2ln-lK50u7mtYFIJzwBk=>
   - Building a store locator with the Google Maps API and Cloud SQL
   <https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/CIHupk7gWKyNLPS96qavpB-KXaNl5vnDi-DCeHNdMcRhScU12O0eC_00ItNqbKnF5PDfFXBooknCw_8fEKPyREUFyGM=>

*What will happen to my data?*

By default, Google will remove any data from your GME project once support
ends on January 29, 2016. Map Editors may also manually delete any dataset
through the GME web application, and this data will be removed from our
systems as well. Please see this technical whitepaper
<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/O_j1PDaiqj4ZVBUl6d00jUcC9stzvtq8KBHmW1PhiuqsnkFr1ZI_W9cKGdNsgwbXn72JkVFW8z7EInXJXlDANE8eFooZauVee-UfomqaqMErH7B1ygVgVP6i2NwjI80Ps7ehvQ==>
for more details. Data may be exported from your GME project using the
instructions in this Help Center article
<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/UYps_bmn4HJu2iqLvacKirwBiiqMvigLNhuVNyFEu4hqJd7ZK3kvL6jP_bkXweCWt51xinvfkTo5HllW7SN7T2wvmGM=>.
You may also export data from GME to Google Cloud SQL using
interoperability software such as Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
(GDAL) or Safe Software FME Desktop, please see this Help Center article
<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/1-BGT4CAFyyIMfXxQ-815q10WBSBykIVcAr7iO1ZCUewXRxRI7AB5W6ZGZ-kwvRcOaLBhXYZ3wufWLaM4YoenDyooQ8=>
instead.

*Will I still be able to use Maps API?*

Yes, both the free and Google for Work versions of the Google Maps API will
still be available for use in accordance with the applicable terms and
conditions after GME and GME API support ends.

For additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Google Maps Engine
Users group.
<https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/NPE_wnfBWCm8Y6c6MbFMnn83rzVx7sQ1tRWNYBTwtbOt4rf4mIhzfyCTTUFgsAdIvb0VukIguWyf8QRWPswP_bOj1531m51x>

Regards,

The Google Maps Engine Team
                      © 2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway,
Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you
about important changes to Google Maps Engine.

--

*óıɔdɯnssɐ   *