[Belgium] News from ICA

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Tue Jun 30 06:45:40 PDT 2015

Hi Moritz,

On 30-06-15 13:21, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just got feedback from yesterday's meeting of the Belgian section
> of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) :
>
> - They cannot support us financially, nor with human resources, but they
> would like to disseminate the infos concerning FOSS4G-be amongst their
> members with a call for further dissemination within each member's
> institution.
Great. All bits help!

> - On the basis of an experience at UCL of this April, there is a
> proposal to launch an OSM mapathon in support of
> http://www.missingmaps.org/. This would take place on one day during the
> coming academic year and ideally be a coordinated action in all
> universities, inviting students to participate.
>
> I think that we could possibly propose our support to the later in
> combination with OSM-be ? I don't know, yet, what this would mean
> concretely, but (brainstorming) possibly  a presence of OSGeo-be members
> to technically support the action.
+1.
Concreteley this probably means that we ask how we can help. This is a
great opportunity to get to know other peer OSGeo-be members :-)

I suggest to discuss this during our meeting next friday. A possible
action could be an OSGeo presentation. About OSGeo, but also about the
relationship of OSGeo and ICA and/or OSM-be.

For OSM-be: the state-of-the-map coming to Brussels next year: we should
definitely promote OSGeo-be; eventually organizing a track about OSGeo /
OSM what are the relationships, how we cross-feed each other, how we can
strengthen the cooperation.

(my2c)

> Moritz

Yours sincerely,