[Belgium] OSM hackday on GRB import

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:46:13 PST 2016

Hi,

Sunday December 11th, we're having a hackday to work on the concept and
tools of an import of GRB data to OpenStreetMap.

The idea is to one day have all GRB building outlines with addresses on the
OSM map. As we're conflating the existing OSM data with the new GRB data,
this will involve a toolset that will do intelligent stuff, but still need
an intelligent operator.

The event is for you if you are interested in how such tools are built, and
in the process of getting such imports approved in the OSM environment.
Most of the technical stuff is done, now we just have to make the case with
OSM data quality guardians.

There will be more events once we can actually start importing. So hold
your horses if that is your main interest.

We still don't have a location (I know!), but the date is fixed, and we are
clearly aiming to have this in Brussels, close to an IC railway station.

If you plan on coming, please register as soon as possible on our Meetup
[1] (or send me a PM) so we know how many folks to expect.

[1] https://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Belgium/events/235626488/

--
Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |