[Belgium] Fwd: Fwd: Mapathon

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 20 23:45:40 PST 2016

On 21/01/16 08:25, Dirk Frigne wrote:
> Thank you for your mail Moritz,
>
> Scanning trough your mail, I think a first step should be to find out
> how we could help each other in reaching out.
> I suggest we organise a skype call between the organiser of the event
> and OSGeo, so we can explain to each other what are our driving forces
> behind our organsation/event.
>  From there we can find out what could be the next steps and if OSGeo can
> help in any way.

I see several ways we can help:

- help coordinate the event with all actors (universities, OSM, OSGeo, ...)
- be present in a university the day at the event to
	- give a presentation on OSM, OSGeo, etc
	- give technical support during the event

So, I think there are different possible roles in different places.

> I think it is important to explain the Geo4all initiative, OSGeo and OSM.
> I can try to be that liaison person between OSGeo Belgium and them if no
> other volunteer stands up.

Ok, I'll wait today to see if anyone else stands up. Otherwise, I'll
give them your contact details and let them get in touch with you.

Moritz