[Belgium] whitepaper: Computing a shapefile by Belgian zip codes

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:21:38 PDT 2016

Hey Alexandre,

Thanks for the clarification. Could you tell me a bit more about this
geocoding exe. We still use some old software here in Antwerp, which is
pretty intelligent but a pain to update and only returns statsec, not x-y.
Would be nice to try an alternative.

I just set up stats4belgium to share methods I develop at the Stad
Antwerpen (I know, maybe that's not the best name :). Maybe that could be a
place to share methods like this? There's also a nice R package with open
Belgian data floating around.

Joris, that file does sound interesting. Have you overlayed it with the
open postal codes dataset for Antwerp?

Joost