[Belgium] Call for papers 2016 ?

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Mon May 30 03:16:36 PDT 2016

 Hello,

What about changing the call for papers 2015 to a version for 2016 ?

Tommy did you find the 2015 version (I didn't find it on the wiki) ?

Gaël will also write a call for maps if I m right but it's less urgent...

And what about the choice of the high-level keynote speaker ?

I think it could be nice to make a list with suggestion of k.s and discuss
about it.

On my side, I would like to propose to invite Venkatesh Raghavan or Sanghee
Shin (the two member of OSGeo-baord who promote education and GIS related
activities in Africa), I was thinking about a session « Geo4solidarity» or
« Geo4all in Africa » ?

I could be really great to speak more about « humanitarian » and
educational projects! This type of projects are very important to me even
though I can not always invest myself as much as I want!

Maybe this year it could be nice to have a specific focus on Africa. I know
that some of our passed trainnees are motivated to plan a FOSS4G Africa and
as part of the our internship (mid-June to mid-December) : I have 15
African trainees from various countries who wil be here and I invited
someone involved in Master 2 « Informatique Appliquée aux Systèmes
d’information géographique (IASIG) » from Douala (a training in Geomatics
of one year wich 80% e-learning that was created in 2009 in collaboration
with the ENSG). Moreover Benoit Fourrier from OSM told me that at the State
of the Map Scholarship they will have some important contributors from
Africa thanks to Apply for a SotM Scholarship.

I think this could be a great opportunity to talk about the OSGeo radiation
in Africa and difficulties with which they are confronted.

I am quite busy at the moment (and will be more in the very next future)
organizing the first 6 month training. But if somebody is motivated to help
me with this session, I know it could be great !

What do you think ?

Kind regards,

Maë//e

--
Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles - IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)
Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143