[Belgium] team foss4g mailing list

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:16:42 PDT 2017

Maelle,

I've just edited the call for papers English text, I was planning to
update the Dutch version as we speak.

I've also populated the belgium-announce mailinglist with all email
addresses of previous participants of FOSS4G and members of OSGeo.
This is a (moderated) mailing list we can use to send out
announcements like the call for papers.

Kind Regards,
Johan

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Maelle Vercauteren <mavercau at ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the absence of a skype, that might not  be planned… I still have a few
> questions ;-)
>
> Gael do you know what will be decided with the CIRB this Friday morning?
> Can we confirm our event on October 26 at BEL?
>
> If so, could we act quickly with the following tasks (but who could do it
> ?):
>
> 1) take care of updating the call for papers [1] in French [2] and Dutch [3]
> ?
> It should be sent early next week before the big start on holidays.
>
> 2) contact the pair of translators: if there is a confirmation that we want
> a translation NL-FR and FR-NL?
>
> 3) update the call for sponsors and  consider where we could put their
> stands?
> May be they would appreciate to be in the lobby, as it would make them even
> more visible ... or do you have any other ideas?
>
> 4) Try to involve some people in Brussels-Environment to help us
>
> Please, tell us what you think about these issues.
>
> Cheers, Maë//e
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2017_Call_for_Papers
>
> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2016_Call_for_Papers/fr
>
> [3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2016_Call_for_Papers/nl

>> Johan,
>>
>> I'm not sure that Theo an Moritz want to be active for the organization.
>> But we certainly need to ask or invite the new member of osgeo (Nicolas,
>> Julien , Christophe, ...)
>> About the date of venue, I confirm that we have an option for the 26
>> octobre, or first choice at the BEL (http://bel.brussels/). But the large
>> room at the floor is no more available ! The impact is important,  certainly
>> for the sponsor ...
>> Currently I am waiting for the contact details of the communication
>> officers at the CIRB, to organize a meeting on sponsoring the venue.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Gael

IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)