[Belgium] OSGeo track at Begeo, 19/3

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 24 06:22:00 PST 2019

Dear all,

We will have a 1h15 track at Begeo. This represents half a track, the
other half being reserved for the Polivisu project.

As discussed at our New Year's meeting, I would suggest a programme for
our track that highlights specific usage of foss4g in different societal
sectors: business, administration and academia. So, I think we should
have 3 talks, each of about 15 minutes. I would then suggest a fourth
talk about open data. This could possibly be an OSM talk if someone from
the OSM community is available. Another option for the fourth talk would
be a general introduction of OSGeo, including OSGeo-Live style overview
of the different solutions available under the umbrella of the foundation.

Who would be willing to give one of these talks ? Gaël has signalled
that he could present something about the use of foss4g in
administrations. I would present the academic and teaching perspective.
But both of us are more than willing to leave the slot to someone else
if interested.

Please let me know ASAP, as Begeo needs our programme fairly soon.

As a reminder: Begeo will take place on March 19 at Brussels Expo. Our
track will be either just before, or just after the lunch break.

Moritz