[Benchmarking] WFS testing: this year too?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Jul 28 23:17:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Andrea Aime<aaime at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> big question: shall we do some WFS testing this year too, or not?
> Last year the test included a simple test over the "states" shapefile.
>
> I think MapServer people would like to show off the WFS speed
> improvements, right?

Probably. (Actually an interesting test variant would be to do a
couple Mapserver versions while we're at it... I think I'll do that
compile so the option is there.)

To change the subject slightly, what rules do we want to have in terms
of versions. The Mapserver version with the WFS speed improvement
isn't released yet. I think it'll be released by FOSS4G, but is it
fair to test pre-release and/or actually patch up code in the midst of
the benchmarking? Is this a come-as-you-are event, or a bespoke event?

P.