[Benchmarking] Coordination

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Jun 15 13:41:23 EDT 2009

Paul Ramsey ha scritto:
> I have similar concerns with the outside-the-db raster mosaic, btw.
> Unless it's clear that the systems are doing basically the same thing
> we'll end up spending a lot of time figuring out how what they are
> doing is different.

Well, if we give people only the raster files, with the concession
to build indexes and other metadata, but not to rewrite the raster
in another format, or to add overviews, the system should be pretty
much working on par, no?

I guess the issue is going to be, how can we check ArcGIS does not
build an external pyramid somewhere? Anyone with enough experience
to tell us?

> Test cases described in wiki, in priority order, would be ideal.

Ok, added a few

Cheers
Andrea

--