[Benchmarking] Interested in searching for a bottleneck

Arnulf Christl seven at arnulf.us
Wed Nov 25 13:32:54 EST 2009

Hey,
I would be interested in looking into the current results a bit more
because it looks almost impossible to me that we should get so similar
results from two so different software packages.

My intuition tells me there is a bottleneck in the transmission between
the two boxes.

Another reason could be that the overall processing time needed to
render the geometries is much smaller than the time required to retrieve
them - regardless of it being file access or database access. If only 5%
of the overall request is spent in the mapping software that would
explain the similarity of the results.

Maybe you already know this but what are the processor times split
between the map applications and the database / file access?

Regards,

--
Arnulf Christl

Exploring Space, Time and Mind