[Benchmarking] MapServer test run bringing the server to its knees?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Sat Oct 10 08:47:30 EDT 2009

Smith, Michael ERDC-USACE-NH ha scritto:
> Should we add a apache graceful restart after the fcgi tests?

He, running all these tests in a row is turning the performance
test into an endurance one as well, especially since the mapserver
suite really tries any possible combination (fast-cgi and not for
all layer I believe).

However restarting after each single fcgi test run sees a bit
too much. Wouldn't it be more fruitful to see if it's any specific
run that makes the memory consumption go up and either disable
it or fix the problem behind it?
Just a thought

Cheers
Andrea

PS: not pointing fingers, I still have to make a full run like this with
GeoServer and it might go worse, just waiting for the MS run to end
so that I can start mine :-)

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org