[Benchmarking] First pair of load scripts and some considerations

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Wed Sep 2 04:31:59 EDT 2009

Shanmugam Ganeshkumar ha scritto:
> HI Andrea,
>
> I have been playing around with your jmeter script with csv file. Tested
> with some WMS engines (GeoServer and a commercial) and it works well.

Mind, GeoServer out of the box won't perform that well, some tuning is
needed.

> It will be a good idea to test with fixed tiles apart from random; I
> would suggest;
>
> Fixed tile size, Random BBox, Bluemarble Image (better to fix the bbox
> limit to -178, 178, -88, 88)
>
> 128x128 - smart phone clients
> 256x256 - typical tile size (if requested as tiles)
> 800 x 600 - standard map window for a 1024x768 screen
>
> Can you generate the three CSV files and post it over here? (it will be
> nice to have 5000 samples)

Just grab the tool I attached in the first mail of this thread,
you'll be able to make it generate whatever csv you need and
find tune other parameters as well such as the map area.
You can find some usage instructions in the thread titled
"Chat about the load testing setup".

As for the test, not sure we can make this many runs, in the
end we need to stick everything in a 20 minutes presentation
(which is more than just shooting at the audience comparison
charts, we'll also need to make some HP on why the results
are different).

Cheers
Andrea

--