[Benchmarking] Confirmation of SDE 9.3.1 (Oracle/PostgreSQL) support on different platforms

Yingqi Tang ytang at esri.com
Wed Sep 9 14:20:56 EDT 2009

All,

As discussed in today's IRC meeting. I've confirmed with the team internally. Here is what we can support:

If go with SDE + Oracle,  we can run SDE 9.3.1 on Redhat 5 64-bit, and it's fine with us to install Oracle 11g on the same machine;
If go with SDE + PostgreSQL, the only option we have is Redhat 4 32-bit, otherwise we have to switch to Windows if that's an option to others;

So it sounds like SDE + Oracle will be more practical at this point of time, anyway let us know how you guys think.

Here is the link for references:

http://wikis.esri.com/wiki/display/ag93bsr/ArcSDE+Oracle+Database+Requirements
http://wikis.esri.com/wiki/display/ag93bsr/ArcSDE+PostgreSQL+Database+Requirements

Thanks,