[Benchmarking] Commit changes to benchmark SVN

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 24 14:33:08 EDT 2009

Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>>> Yingqi,
>>>
>>> As far as I know there is no automatic update on the server.  You
>>> need to
>>> login and do a "svn update" in the appropriate directory.
>>>

>> Frank is correct, I've been 'svn up' -ing that manually.
>>

> But for some reason now when I try that on the BenchmarkingA server I get:
>
> $ svn up
> svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Read-only file system

Jeff,

Possibly this relates to permissions?  I had futz a bit with the
permissions before I was able to svn update in the directory you originally
owned.

Personally, I'm not convinced it makes sense for us to all be munching in
one common svn tree on the server - the permissions are likely to be a mess.

Best regards,