[Benchmarking] Preparing the raster data in TIFF format

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Aug 2 10:44:45 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm having a quick look around the server and
found the directory containing the data.

Looking in particular at the raster one I've noticed
there is a shell script to convert the ecw into tiffs,
but it seems incomplete:

#!/bin/sh
for ecw_file in *.ecw ; do
   tif_file=`basename $ecw_file .ecw`.tif
   gdal_translate $ecw_file $tif_file -co TILED=YES
done

I guess it should be something like:

#!/bin/sh
for ecw_file in *.ecw ; do
   tif_file=`basename $ecw_file .ecw`.tif
   gdal_translate -a_srs EPSG:25831 $ecw_file $tif_file -co TILED=YES
   gdaladdo -r gauss 2 4 8 16 32 64 128
done

Should I update it and make it run?

Cheers
Andrea

PS: I looked around, the projection was not in the ECW files but was
available in the .xml files associated to them

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org