[Benchmarking] Some styling comparisons at different zoom levels

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Mon Aug 16 06:07:41 EDT 2010

El día Monday 16 August 2010 11:27:07, Andrea Aime dijo:
> The following reports what I've seen. Please double check and add
> whatever I missed

I just had a look, and it seems to me that Oracle MapViewer suffers from
either ISO-8859-1 hell, UTF-8 hell, or some variant thereof.

In the sample links provided in the wiki, there is a service area in the
motorway, labeled "Área de Servicio Baix Ebre". Oracle MapViewer displays it
(incorrectly) as "¿rea de Servicio Baix Ebre".

I guess that other accentuated characters (e.g. é, ü, ñ) will suffer from the
same problem.

Best,

Un ordenador no es una televisión ni un microondas: es una herramienta
compleja.