[Benchmarking] Schedule changes

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Aug 27 06:11:39 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

The FOSS4G local committee has decided to move our benchmarking
presentation from the closing plenary, on the 9th, to a 1.5 hour
timeslot on the 8th (16:30 - 18:00).  I have unfortunately not been able
to change their minds on this so we must make appropriate changes.  I
apologize for this inconvenience to those with set travel plans for the 9th.

This means that we will have to try to fill the 1.5 hour timeslot.  I
hope that we can fill some time by having each team representative
discuss the enhancements made to their software for this exercise.  We
should all start to record our software enhancements on the wiki at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2010#List_of_Software_Enhancements

We can also start to fill in the presentation slides now with what we
can (background, data, what we are testing, teams involved,...).  Please
edit this and commit your changes to SVN:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/scripts/results/benchmarking2010.odp
(it has no changes yet from last year).

Thanks everyone (and see you soon),

-jeff