[Benchmarking] meeting summary

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Jun 3 02:23:24 EDT 2010

Zac Spitzer ha scritto:
> I'm wondering if best effort with only a total of 1TB of disk space
> and 10 odd teams might cause issues?

10 odd teams sharing the same testing machine will definitely
cause contention issues in terms of time for running the benchmarks.
It will definitely cause disk space issues as well for raster data,
100GB uncompressed raster data * 10 different best effort formats -> boom!

I understand that for some the optimized format will be ECW and won't
take much space, but others will likely use some variant of an
uncompressed raster pyramid which is going to require more than 100GB of
space. Not to mention the fact that in order to do best effort
teams are probably going to try out a few different variants to
see which one performs the best.

Cheers
Andrea

--