[Benchmarking] Odd results in qix index comparison

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Sep 2 05:27:15 EDT 2010

Hi,
I was looking into the qix indexes this morning and decided
to use shptreevis to compare the qix index built by GeoServer
on contour-0 with the one used by MapServer on the testing server.

The result left me quite surprised: it seems the MapServer one
is missing an entire spain region?
See the screenshot of qgis displaying the layout of the two indexes
from GeoServer and MapServer. The mapserver one is in blue,
the geoserver one in black.
The same seems to be happening for other contour shapefiles
as well.

Unfortunately I had a hard time confirming whether mapserver
draws the contour lines in that region or not using a standard
client (qgis or udig) as the capabilities document is mis-setup
(points back to a url containing c:/blah/blah/mapfile.map)

Can someone have a look into this? Maybe it's just a problem in
the shptreevis conversion utility having troubles with the large
qix files (the ones I'm using for GeoServer are significantly smaller)

Cheers
Andrea

PS: btw, shptreeview is a quite nice utility, thanks for sharing :-)

--
Andrea Aime
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org