RE : [Benchmarking] data block caching technique

Adrian Custer adrian.custer at geomatys.fr
Mon Sep 6 12:12:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 17:47 +0200, Luc Donea wrote:
> Hi Adrian and all,
>
> Thanks for your quick answer Adrian. I like your idea to generate
> newer, shorter scripts.
>
> I would not limit to only two threads, I think it stay important to
> show the server scalability at 64 users. We could do 1, 4 and 64 users
> to stay short. The important thing to me is to to create a different
> csv for the 2nd and 3rd runs. This would ensure a more realistic
> result and still allow servers to warm up. I also think we should
> rerun the imagery but also the vector tests. Do you think you would be
> able to create these tests? I must admit that I am unable to do
> that... :-)

The tests are already done. You simply take the jmx files Andrea created
for triple runs and drop the tests you don't want to do. It only
requires opening the files in the graphical jmeter and right-clicking on
the nodes. We could also drop the number of requests of the 64 thread
part from the 768 down to 400 or even less.

The impossible part will be to get everyone to agree to try to fix the
benchmark design this late in the schedule.

> It would be indeed really nice to run the benchmarks all together so
> everyone can follow what is happening, but I guess this can take quite
> awhile to run 16 tests and starting 8 servers. I guess it can easily
> turn to a 3 hours session.

Yeah, it could easily take that long which would be one reason for
objection to it.

> I'd like to know what the others are thinking about this and what
> would be everyone's availability on Tuesday?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luc

cheers,
  --adrian