[Benchmarking] 2012 Exercise

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 6 07:49:32 PDT 2012

Hello everyone!

Well it's time to discuss plans for the 2012 Benchmarking exercise.  As
you know, this year's international event is in Beijing, and even if you
or your development team can't make the event, you can still participate
in the exercise.

Can I have a show of hands who is interested in participating this year?

I have spoken to Andrea today, and he is unable to allocate the time
this year.

Mike Smith and I are both committed for MapServer.  Mike: I assume your
hardware is available this year for benchmarking?

I could imagine that this year's location, and its OpenStreetMap data,
could pose some very interesting challenges for our software engines
(international character encoding, labelling, etc.).

A wiki page template is setup for the exercise at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Benchmarking_2012

You can now access a list of all Benchmarking wiki pages at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Benchmarking (please add the
'Benchmarking' category to the bottom of any pages I may have missed)

Talk soon friends,

-jeff