[Board-es] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Deadline for Annual Report

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses pferrer en osgeo.org
Jue Feb 19 04:34:26 EST 2009

Hola a todos.

Abajo os incluyo el mail de Tyler a Discuss sobre la publicación del
Informe anual (me imagino que lo habréis visto), este año es el
primero que nos toca como Capítulo Local así que tenemos que hacerlo
muy bien ;)

Como soy el Portavoz soy el responsable del asunto, pero eso no quiere
decir que lo vaya a hacer yo todo... de momento jsanz ya ha copiado el
template y lo ha puesto a punto...

Cualquier colaboración es bienvenida.

Un saludo,

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Spanish_Chapter_Report_2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell en osgeo.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 19:31
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Deadline for Annual Report
To: OSGeo Discussions <discuss en lists.osgeo.org>

Hi, I'm hoping for a March 6th deadline for the Annual Report submissions.

This email is a follow up from the earlier note (below) and also
cc:'ing those listed as primary contact on the Annual Report wiki
page:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2008

We're ready to start receiving annual reports.  I would like to have
all the reports in the next 3 weeks, sooner if at all possible.
Please let me know if this is impossible for you, otherwise the
deadline is March 6th.

I have posted a template to follow:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_Template

You are welcome to add much more to your article than the template
describes, but please follow the formatting notes in that wiki page.
If you are not using the wiki to submit your report, please follow
this style as best as possible in the rendered HTML.  Ultimately, it
will be imported into LaTeX and the more consistent the inputs are,
the easier it will be to handle.

I've named the page, for consistency, where your report will reside.
Please do not alter it unless absolutely necessary.  If you are not
able to edit the wiki for whatever reason, you can email your report
to me directly (wiki or text formatting preferred).

I'm looking forward to learning much more about all the local chapter,
project and committee work that happen last year and being able to
share this with others are just as interested.

Best wishes,
Tyler

On 5-Feb-09, at 12:17 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> The 2007 OSGeo Annual Report[1] was a great success and it's time to do it all again.  I started up a wiki page listing the primary contacts for each project, committee, chapter and sponsor:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2008
>
> If you are involved with one and see that the wrong person is named, or someone is missed, could you please let me know.  I will send out more information to each of the main contacts shortly.  Also, if you are interested in helping to prepare/collect or format the entries for the compilation, let me know.  You will get credit as a section Editor for that issue of the Journal :) I learned a lot compiling last years and it should go much smoother this time around.
>
> The annual report is the main reporting venue for OSGeo projects, committees and local chapters.  It's the opportunity for newcomers, potential sponsors and users in general to see, in one location, where things have been moving.  It is also valuable as a record of history for the organisation, so I hope we can make it another great one.
>
> You can see the 2007 report (and previous OSGeo Journal issues) here:
> [1] http://www.osgeo.org/ojs
>
> Best wishes,
> Tyler

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses