[Board-fr] [Belgium] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Elections 2016 starting today

Maelle Vercauteren mavercau at ulb.ac.be
Jeu 14 Juil 01:48:34 PDT 2016

 Guys,

I think it would be nice to discuss all together in f2f because we are a
young association and only skype meeting or mail isn't enougnt to
re-mobilize the troops, isn't?

Can you indicate whether this would be possible for you in July (the ideal
would be to fix 2 f2f meeting) :
https://framadate.org/jAcXQ8pioZVzRXl1

Cheers, Maë//e

> Maelle,
>
> I fully agree we should clarify the purpose of OSGeo.be.
> My 2c:
> bring people with common interests together (probably already OSGeo
> members), who want to get into contact with peers and live in a
> relatively short geographic distance from each other.
>
> The mission of OSGeo.be is (amongst others) to help OSGeo to grow, and
> trough local Chapters, we should get more sense for community, and by
> getting to know other members, it becomes more and more easy to contribute.
>
> I think an important point is also to help our neighbours if they want
> to use open source and learn them how they can contribute.
> And contributing is easy. Not always writing code and committing, but
> also sharing experiences, help others, bring other similar communities
> together (like the OSM community).

I agree with your comments but I think we need also to illustrate this
words by concretes actions.

> When is the next f2f meeting scheduled?

The big problem is that we didn't manage to put a face2face meeting... Even
to plan a skype metting together seems complicated!
I think Johan is now on holiday until sunday (and I don't know exactly when
he is coming back). Gaël will be away all August and I don't know for the
others...