Committee Chair Guidelines

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 21 19:38:50 PDT 2006

Folks,

For several months I have thought we should have some guidelines and
suggestions for new committee chairs on how to run a committee.  I
have finally written up a first crack at this from my point of view,
and put it at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Committee_Chair_Guidelines

It isn't my intention that these should be declared "policy", just suggested
guidelines or suggestions on "best practices".  I would also like to encourage
others to help me revise the document in the meantime.  It is, not
surprisingly, rather heavily colored by my own ideas and approach to
running a committee.

I have also added discussion and possible adoption to the next agenda.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Eighth_Board_Meeting

Everyone keep in mind that you can add agenda items to the wiki at
any time before the meeting.  If you are planning a complex motion it
is encouraged that you write it up in advance for review before the
meetings.