[OSGeo-Board] ED Candidate at Face to Face, FOSS4G

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Aug 28 09:53:00 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 10:31:37AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> >I am +1 on having the candidate present at the F2F meeting
> >and to take the necessary steps to make that possible (be partial
> >or full cost coverage).
> >I am also +1 to assign a travel budget to the ED position. Both may
> >be combined.
>
> This was the only direct response I received on my request.  Gary did
> indicate that the provided funding for the ED position includes T&E.

+1 from me on recovering costs from the ED budget now stated.

> The candidate is looking for some sort of assurance that if he goes ahead
> and books that he will be able to recover these expenses.  If I can get
> a sense of support for this now, I'll give him those assurances but time
> is of the essence.

I recall you mentioning the time-sensitivity and regret not hitting
reply straight away. Perhaps it would help to have a protocol - I find
myself saying +1 to float an idea and see who else expresses interest
or to indicate general approval - is the idea worth pursuing?

E.g. if this was something that amounted to an "emergency motion" that
needed to be approved on a short timescale before the next telecon -
one could put MOTION: in the header - or similar.

cheers,

jo