OSGeo-Board Board meeting - pphoen and IRC

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Mon Feb 13 16:34:45 PST 2006

 >> We need to use the phone and IRC as we did in Chicago. IRD by itself
 >> won’t do it for this sort of discussion. IRC is very low bandwidth, and
 >> these are meaty subjects, where IRC is good for summation but not
 >> presentation. Rich would have to take 10 minutes to type a paragraph he
 >> could speak in a few minutes, for example.
 >>
 >> We can make it an open line again.

 > Gary,

 > Phone is fine with me, backed by IRC.  I have updated the wiki page
 > accordingly.
+1.  And I can do skype as well.

 > I do hope we can reach a point when things are more settled that we
 > can handle things by IRC only.  I do know substantial projects, and
 > organizations that hold binding board meetings by IRC.
I hope to see this as well.  I think a number of open source foundations
do this, and it helps greatly with the whole transparency thing.  And it
also means a lot less work for the 'secretary' of the board, since they
don't have to take minutes.

Chris

--
Chris Holmes