OSGeo-Board Press Release Editing needed

Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Feb 15 05:54:44 PST 2006

> Rich has found many errors in the press release that he'd like to fix,
> hence the request to unlock the wiki.
>
> I would happy to have an ADSK person who does this for a living go over it
> and edit it to make sure it is as professional as possible.  Then we can
> review it and put it out over the wires. I am sure, as I have before, that
> I can keep out any attempt at blatant marketing and to keep their work
> focused on the foundation and not Autodesk. In fact they've learned not to
> do this over the past few months; ADSK marketing people wrote most of the
> copy on mapserverfoundation.org, for example.
>
> So they can edit and we can review it. Then we can post it.
>
> Comments?

+1 from Arnulf

The better its gets the better for OSGeo. About locking/unlocking the
Wiki. Each page can be locked individually by accounts that have WikiSysop
privileges. I think it might be useful to have a lock on some very few
pages. This should not be the default though. I have asked before but
never got a reply.

WikiSysop privileges for the board ++ (Daniel, Rich, etc.)
+1 from Arnulf

As long as this does not happen only Benjamin and I can lock and unlock
pages as WikiSysop. Inheriting the role would also make tracing of changes
more transparent.

Arnulf.