Visibility, Presentations

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Feb 17 06:32:49 PST 2006

Hi,
I have this list bugging me (see below) and it is growing every week. It
shows where I will be talking about the OSGeo and where we will be able
to reach people that are not involved in mailing lists, discussions or
Wiki. But they do get a quarternary update info letter from CCGIS
(currently 6000 double checked and verified) and a monthly training
courses update from the Geo-Consortium. We advertize the places where
people form our near vicinity ralk or present the "Open Source
Geospatial Software Stack" which is just eabout exactly what OSGeo is
all about. So it makes sense to just add a few comments on the emerging
Foundation.

To do this professionally I need to have a baseline to start from, you
probably wouldn't want to have me mumble something about Freedom in the
Information Society - would you? :-)

It is perfectly fine to set up a committee
+1 from Arnulf (+ I want to be on that board)

but even before that I want to get started this list of where people
form the OSGeo (be it board, voting member or aficcionado). Shall we put
it somewhere? Is this too quick? Anyway, it can't be too quick. What
should I answer if the first question after I held a presentation is
"Who is going to rip off the OSGeo community most - is it Autodesk or DM
or CCGIS?"
Understand my 'problem'. Its cool to have people listen in and ask those
questions and I a m sure that I am pretty good at giving a good answer
but its my answer and I want it discussed with you before it starts to
spread.

Arnulf.

PS:
Here is the list of my 'apparitions' for the next few months as far as I
can see currently:

* CORP (Vienna, Austria - thats where I currently am)
* FOSSGIS (Bonn, Germany - I had this already on announce but got pulled
back by DanielB)
* CeBIT (Hannover, Germany)
* AGIT (Salzburg, Austria)
* FOSS4G (Lausanne, Switzerland)

This would be a place where I believe some of you might also go. Anybody
interested?
* http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/euos2006/create
This is something that we should coordinate, to not show up in groups,
hence the Wiki:

+++
-> No Wiki. OK. But I suggest that we keep an internbal list somewhere
to keep track which cvommunities we already 'infected' with the OSGeo
virus.

There are more, mostly local German ones, they would belong in the local
chapter section:
* GeoMV (Rostock, Germany)
* ...