[OSGeo-Board] Re: Wiki

Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Feb 21 13:52:32 PST 2006

[...]
>> Additionally individual pages can be "locked" from editing. This is not
>> standard Wiki practice but might be a good idea for static information
>> (as suggested above).
> I like the barriers to contribution on this stuff being as low as
> possible.  One should be able to clearly see that this is not 'official'
> osgeo positions, but that there's lots of stuff going on and their
> contribution is welcome.  Stress that working on stuff and contributing
> ideas is open to all.  Hopefully as simple as signing up for a collabnet
> account.

Hi Chris,
I am full of pluses for low barriers. I just again mentioned the
possibility of being able to lock pages because it can be useful for
static things like the Disclaimer, Copyright and definition of what the
Wiki is being used for that we do not want to be changed by anybody except
the board.

btw, I like your ideas about Architecture of Participation a lot. And this
one: "Ok, this is getting long..."

:-)